Rosehip oil for acne: Benefits, how to use and side effects
If you are looking for natural acne remedies, you have come to the right place Rosehip oil is made from the seeds and fruits of the Rose plant and contains essential nutrients that make rosehip oil ideal for treating acne In this article, we take a deeper look at the benefits of using rosehip oil and some tips to keep in mind before using it.
What is rose oil
Rosehip oil or rose seed oil is extracted from plants belonging to the Rosa (rose) species, especially Rosa canina and Rosa Damascus.
This oil is commonly used in folk medicine for Disease Prevention and healing properties. Rosehip fruits are used to manage problems such as colds, urinary tract infections, infections and other inflammatory diseases.
They contain the highest levels of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) than any other fruit and vegetable . Rose seed oil can also help manage acne. Let's find out how in the next section.
Rosehip oil for acne: how it can help
1. Regulates fat production
The secretion of excess fat can clog the pores of the skin and trap acne-causing bacteria, resulting in inflammatory papules.
Rose hole seed oil contains linoleic acid, which regulates the secretion of fats and maintains the natural oil balance .
This can reduce inflammation and soothe acne lesions.
Low linoleic acid levels affect the skin barrier and lead to acne and pimples. Rosehip seed oil contains 40% -56% linoleic acid which helps maintain skin health and prevent acne .
2. Antimicrobial properties
Rose seed oil has antimicrobial properties and acne-causing bacteria It may help reduce acne inflammation and prevent spots and scars.
read more : Quick ways to treat acne
3. Anti-inflammatory properties
Acne flare-ups often occur or worsen due to inflammation. Rose seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties due to high levels of phenolic acids, tocopherols and carotenoids. Antioxidants protect your skin from oxidative stress and reduce inflammation . They can also soothe acne lesions and redness.
4. Promotes wound healing
Acne may trigger some lesions and leave visible scars. Rosehip oil can heal wounds and improve the appearance of scars . This reduces the chances of acne spots and marks appearing.
If you suffer from hormonal and cystic acne, it is always advisable to visit a dermatologist and not try home remedies. However, if you have occasional bulges, small papules and blisters and prefer home remedies, you can use rosehip seed oil. You can use rosehip seed oil also as a preventive measure.
Rosehip oil for acne: benefits, how to use and side effects
How to use rose oil for acne
Rose seed oil is a carrier oil, so you can apply it directly to the affected area. However, make sure you use 100% pure rosehip seed oil for therapeutic effects.
To use rosehip seed oil:
- Rub 2-3 drops of oil between your palms.
- Massage the affected area with circular movements.
To use rosehip seed oil as an instant remedy:
- Apply oil only to acne spots using a tip Q.
- Leave it overnight and wash the next day.
For best results, use the oil twice a day once in the morning and once at night.
You can mix 2-3 drops of oil with regular moisturizers or creams and apply them.
Rose seed oil is good for maintaining overall skin health and has anti-aging benefits. In the next section, let's explore the other skin benefits of oil.
Other skin benefits of rosehip oil
- UV protection: Rose contains phenolic compounds and a high concentration of ascorbic acid. These phenolic compounds reduce oxidative stress caused by UV exposure and protect the skin from photoaging. Contains carotenoids (provitamin A), vitamins E and C These vitamins are free radical scavengers that can keep your skin healthy and prevent stains and pigmentation.
- Anti-aging benefits: rose powder and extracts (including oil) can reduce wrinkles, reduce the depth of crow's feet, and improve the moisture content and elasticity of the skins to keep them full and young.
- Skin disorders: topical rose seed oil can help manage conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions such as pruritis and erythema Animal studies have found that Rosa canina rose hole extract can inhibit B 16 skin cancer cells that cause melanoma or skin cancer .
Rosehip oil is considered safe and is often used in cosmetology. However, it may cause side effects if you are allergic to it.
Side effects of rosehip oil
Rose seed oil may cause allergic reactions such as:
- Skin rash
- Itchy and watery eyes
- Shortness of breath
Therefore, always do a patch test before using the oil. If you experience any side effects, stop using the oil and consult a dermatologist. Here are some of his critique for you some safety tips to follow when using rosehip oil.
Safety precautions to follow when using rosehip oil
- Rosehip oil may cause sun sensitivity because it contains carotenoids (provitamin A). After applying the oil, stay at home for an hour or more before going outside.
- Excess rosehip seed oil may clog skin pores and cause buildup. Thus, apply only a few drops of oil.
- If you have sensitive skin, do a patch test to prevent any allergic reactions.
- Do not pair rose seed oil with any other retinoid as it may cause severe reactions.
If you don't like the smell of rosehip oil, mix it with essential oils and use.
Acne can be treated with Rose piercing oil. It keeps your skin healthy by reducing inflammation, preventing excess fat production and reducing oxidative damage.
In addition, it can help promote skin elasticity and collagen production when used as a home remedy. However, please do a patch test before using rosehip seed oil as it has the potential to cause allergic responses.
If you have any negative reactions to the oil, stop using it and consult a dermatologist. When using rosehip oil, remember to follow safety precautions.
However, if you suffer from cystic or hormonal acne, you should always see a dermatologist for effective treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Is rosehip oil useful for dry skin?
Yes, rosehip oil is good for dry skin and keeps it hydrated.
Will Rose oil clog pores?
Excessive use of rosehip oil can clog the pores of the skin.
Can rosehip oil remove fine lines and wrinkles?
Rosehip oil can improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow's feet.
Can rosehip oil help rosehip?
Rosehip oil can be used to manage inflammatory skin diseases such as rosacea. However, consult your doctor before using it.